Tuesday, October 18, 2016

U.S. Senator Little Dick Durbin (IL-D) says he's concerned about the direction of the United States because of the presidential campaign of Republican Donald Trump

URBANA — U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin says he's concerned about the direction of the United States because of the presidential campaign of Republican Donald Trump.

In Champaign-Urbana for a series of events Monday, the 19-year Democratic senator from Springfield said the 2016 campaign has "broken down all of the basic guideposts for what's allowable in campaigns, what's permissible.

"What Trump has done recently, perhaps worse than anything else he said, is the suggestion that he would put (Hillary Clinton) in jail and that it's a rigged election. Those two things, in the view of the rest of the world, are such a dramatic departure from what America has stood for. Putting your opponent in jail is commonplace in dictatorships."

He noted that Alexander Lukashenko, the president of Belarus, is considered the last dictator in Europe.

"After he was elected with 98 percent of the vote, he had all 12 of his opponents arrested and placed in jail," Durbin said. "I spent years raising hell with him and he ended up releasing them. But that's what a dictator does.

"And this notion of rigged elections, that comes through in every fledging democracy that tries an election and then the loser says that it was stolen. That's what he is doing.

"I don't think we can put this back in the bottle when it's over," Durbin said of the presidential campaign. "What it's done is not only given license to these people who support him and have extreme views, but it is also in their heart of hearts what they always knew."

The campaign has created a political atmosphere that he said he has not seen in his 40 years in electoral politics.

"I drive a beat-up old Ford pickup truck around Springfield. It has my bumper sticker on it and (President) Obama's bumper sticker," Durbin recounted. "I'm driving around the other day and I'm looking back in the mirror and I'm thinking, 'This guy is going to get in a wreck. He's driving like crazy.' Then he gets close enough to me where he rolls down his window and gives me the finger and shouts.

"I'm thinking that I've been doing this a long time and I've never had that before. I just sense that there is a coarseness and an anger that is invading politics. I don't know we get beyond it. I don't know how the Republicans get beyond it or the country gets beyond it. I believe Hillary will win, but she has to figure out a way to govern. They haven't left much ground to be called common."

Durbin said he believes Democrats have a better than 50-50 chance of regaining control of the Senate after the election, but that the polling isn't convincing.


"Even if Hillary is pulling away in a state we don't see in some of these (Senate) races. The obvious question is who will vote?" Durbin said.

In some ways, he said, this is like the landslide Goldwater election of 1964. In that race, the Republican candidate for governor of Illinois, Charles Percy, declined to say if he would vote for Barry Goldwater. The current governor of Illinois, Bruce Rauner, hasn't said whether he would vote for Trump.

"So now we're going through a similar thing this year," Durbin said. "What happened that year was the bottom dropped out on the Republican vote. We started electing Democrats everywhere. It didn't last long. So the question is: Will the Republicans, if they don't want to vote for Trump, vote? Nobody knows the answer."

Durbin also said he is not interested in challenging Rauner in 2018.

"I'm where I want to be. In the Senate is where I want to be. I have no ambitions to run for any other office," he said.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

He speaks pretty clearly for having about a dozen big black dicks in his mouth !

Anonymous said...

Hey dick head. Hes not gonna put her in jail for opposing him. Has gonna have her investigated for braking the law which she has done repeatly over the years and after all the facts are presented to a grand jury the grand jury will throw her in jail. Maybe if you had any balls you would spear head the investigation into her pay to play schemes....

Anonymous said...

Fuck Little Dick and everyone of you who have voted for this prick.

Anonymous said...

Durbin further went on to say I am basically retired and living large off the taxpayers. The system is rigged when a guy puts in 19 years and has accomplished ????????????
TRUMP 2016 !!!!! PUT HIL-LIAR-Y IN JAIL !!!!!
GIVE BITCH BOY DURBIN THE CELL NEXT DOOR

Anonymous said...

Funny, l have yet yo hear Dick upset about the lRS witchhunt of the Tea Party groups.

Anonymous said...

Durbin and all the Commies and Kikes that have run this nation into the toilet have good reason to be concerned if Trump wins.These are exactly the assholes concentration camps were designed for.

Anonymous said...

Just another goof talking, he has a security detail were they following him, or as usual another made up fairy tale, next you will tell us a ballerina is mayor in chiraq!

Anonymous said...

Who Is “We”?

I have had enough of hearing Obama say “This is not who we are as a nation”. I don’t get who the hell he is talking about.

Letting perverts into a girls locker rooms and bathrooms is not who I am.
Bringing in muslim refugees from around the globe without knowing who they are is not who I am.
Letting illegal immigrants in by the millions across the southern border is not who I am.
Providing free healthcare for people with no ambition while fleecing the people who do work to subsidize them is not who I am.
Letting gender confused mentally ill people into the military and positions of power in the Pentagon is not who I am.
Allowing alphabet agencies destroy business’s across the country in the name of global warming climate change is not who I am.
Having the Vice President claim the American peoples support for Turkeys’ Erdogan is not who I am.
Giving a terrorist country billions of dollars and nuclear capability is not who I am.
Allowing a radical black activist cult into the White House is not who I am.
Releasing terrorists back into the battlefield to kill more Americans is not who I am.
Putting the country into debt more than every previous President combined is not who I am.
Allowing militant minority groups to sue a business because of their beliefs is not who I am.

I am a hard working, hard partying, divorced, remarried father of three that believes in less government, secure borders, and a moral code of conduct for a society that has devolved into chaos. I am God fearing man who thinks that welfare should have a sunset time frame, illegals are not allowed access to tax payer benefits, each state should be allowed to regulate themselves, gay people can be gay but not militant, minorities should be held to the same standards as everyone else and given no preferential treatment. Illegal immigrant criminals held in our jails and prisons should be returned to their homelands, and a very large wall should be constructed on our southern border.

That is who I am. Not everyone believes the way I do which is fine, I have never claimed that what I believe is what we are as a nation, that would be foolish.

So before you talk for me and my fellow Americans remember at least half of us are nothing like you. A majority of Americans were not part of a choom gang, are not closet muslims, did not get special access to college, did not start a grievance business as a community organizer, did not gain affirmative action access to the senate, and did not become POTUS due to the color of their skin. So before you say “It’s not who we are” remember we are nothing like you and never will be….so shut the fuck up about “Who We Are” because you have no idea.

Anonymous said...

I named my penis Dick Durbinski.

Anonymous said...

The number of reasons why someone would give this piece of garbage the finger is astronomical- the Obama sticker had nothing to do with it.

Anonymous said...

More Jewish communism and democrat communist scum.

Out of the car Motherfucker!! said...

Fuck Dick Durbin!!!

Anonymous said...

Little Dick needs to take a long walk on Lake Michigan in January.
Go waaaay out there.

Anonymous said...

Then YOU people would probably suck the Anti-Zionist ASSHOLE he beat in 1982, Paul Findlay....