- Keith Scott's gun had been reported stolen, authorities said on Monday
- A breaking and entering suspect told officials he had sold him the gun
- His wife Rakeyia got a restraining order in October last year, records show
- She wrote: 'He carries a 9mm black' and said he had hit her and a child
- Scott, 43, was shot and killed Tuesday after a confrontation with Charlotte, North Carolina police
Keith Scott was carrying a stolen gun when he was shot and killed during a confrontation with police in Charlotte, North Carolina, authorities have said.
The gun was reported stolen after a breaking and entering, according to the police.
A breaking and entering suspect told agents at the bureau of alcohol, tobacco, firearms and explosives that he had sold the gun to Scott, ABC 11 reported Monday. He is now in custody.
Scott's wife Rakeyia, who filmed her husband's killing on Tuesday, had filed for a restraining order against him and had told authorities he carried a gun, hit her as well as one of her children and had threatened to kill her, records have shown.