BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: Shootout with Muslim Suspects in NY/NJ Jihad Bombings, Cop Shot, Ahmad Rahami Arrested
The FBI has released the picture and name of a man wanted for questioning in all three of the bombings in the New York City-metro area over the weekend.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of 28-year-old Ahmad Khan Rahami are being asked to contact police immediately. He should not be approached, as he is considered armed and dangerous.
The bombing in Manhattan, as well as flouted attacks on a charity run and at a train station in New Jersey over the weekend have authorities believing there may be a terror cell active in the area.
The idea has the law enforcement community on edge as New York City prepares to host delegates from around the world at the United Nations General Assembly this week.
According to the FBI's wanted poster, Rahami is a naturalized U.S. citizen who was born in Afghanistan. He is about 5'6" tall and weighs about 200 pounds. He has brown hair, eyes and facial hair.
The FBI also revealed that Rahami's last known residence was in Elizabeth, New Jersey, where five pipe bombs were also found over the weekend.
FBI agents conducted a raid of the apartment Monday morning, which is located above a fried chicken restaurant.
'We need to get this guy in right away,' New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio said on CNN. 'My experience is one the FBI zeroes in on someone, they will get them.'
On Sunday, law enforcement also stopped a car in Brooklyn and apprehended the five armed people en route to JFK airport. It's unclear if Rahami is connected to these people, who were taken to FBI headquarters for questioning.
NEW DEVELOPMENTS THIS MORNING
- Police have asked for the public's help in tracking down Ahmad Khan Rahami, a man they want to question in connection to all three of the bombings or attempted bombings in New York and New Jersey over the weekend
- A cellphone connected to the unexploded bomb in New York City led them to Rahami's father and the family's apartment in Elizabeth, New Jersey
- The FBI raided that apartment Monday morning
- Sunday night, a car full of five people was pulled over in Brooklyn en route to JFK Airport. Authorities say the armed people in the car are Rahami's relatives
- Five more pipe bombs were found Sunday night at a train station in Elizabeth and have since been detonated or neutralized by law enforcement
CLICK FOR MORE